Confidentiality is of the utmost importance at Our Nursery. It is our policy to keep all personal information about our children, families, and staff private. Confidential and personal information about our children/parents will only be shared by the manager in relation to child safety, in line with our child protection policy.
Statement of Intent
Our Nursery respects the right for all information, records and observations to be treated with respect and with due attention to confidentiality and privacy.
Policy & Procedures
We will ensure that:
• All registration forms and records of children attending the service will be kept by the Manager confidentially
• Parents may have access to the records of their own children but may not have access to information about any other child
• Any confidential information given by parents/carers to the service will not be passed on to other adults without permission
• Any information relating to a child’s personal circumstances will be kept in a confidential file and will not be shared within except with the child’s key worker, on a ‘need to-know basis’
• All staff, volunteers, students, parents/carers will be made aware of this confidentiality policy. The policy implementation will be reviewed regularly at staff meetings.
• All the above points are subject to the overall commitment of the service which is to the safety and wellbeing of the children who attend it.
• Any breach of confidentiality by any member of staff will lead to disciplinary action.
• In the case that a child’s welfare is at risk, it is permissible for the Manager at Our Nursery to share confidential information with the Health Service Executive. This is in line with our Child Protection Policy
• Staff will liaise with other professionals when the need arises. e.g. speech therapist, Social workers etc. Parents will be kept informed at all stages.
Details of the records kept are as follows:
• A Register which includes details of the Children attending the Service.
• Details in relation to Parent/Guardians.
• Details in relation to the Children’s Health
Personal & Operational Details
• Details of Staff Members
• Details of the Services Operations
• Details of Accidents and Administration of Medicines
• Details of Fire Procedures
In the case that a child’s welfare is at risk, it is permissible for the Manager at Our Nursery to share confidential information with the Health Service Executive. This is in line with our Child Protection Policy.